Monday 31 October 2016

Words from Micky

It's been three days since I shaved my head. In that time I ran an event, saw my boyfriend and his family and went to work. I can safely say that I'm sick of people randomly touching my head and my head is always cold. Even when it's hot, it's cold.

I invested in flower crowns and a cat hat for the days when I don't feel alright with it. Yesterday was one and I work this black and red gothic day of the dead flower crown, to which a coworker told me I looked like a birthday present. I'm still not sure how to take that.

Everyone keeps saying how brave I am and how proud they are of me. I disagree. I made a decision to shave my hair. A lot of people who undergo chemo don't get that choice and have to fight everyday. Not just with their own self-consciousness, but a terrible disease as well.

I will never be as brave as someone who has been through that.

0 comments :

Post a Comment